credit & source: https://www.skinnytaste.com/one-pot-orzo-with-sausage-spinach-and-corn/
A super simple weeknight meal that will fill your belly and maybe even have enough for leftovers. Takes less than 30 minutes to cook up and can be on the table in no time flat!
Grab your dutch oven, or your favourite pan and that's all you'll need for this delicious dish to come together in a flash.
Ingredients (modified from original recipe)
- 14 ounces mild Italian chicken sausage
- 1/3 cup white wine
- ½ medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup dry orzo
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable brot
- 3 cups packed baby spinach
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Add 1T of oil to a pan, fry chopped onion on med-high until translucent.
- Remove the sausage from the casing and add it to the pan or pot, breaking it up into pieces
- Once browned or cooked through, add wine and simmer for about 5 minutes
- Add frozen corn and sauté for 10 minutes
- Add the orzo and broth, stir to combine then bring to a boil
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring every few minutes and scraping the bottom of the pot to make sure the orzo doesn't stick.
- Remove from the heat, add the spinach, stir and cover for a couple minutes, until the spinach has wilted.
- Top with freshly grated parmesan and black pepper, to taste and serve.